The Hands-on Help scheme for summer 2018 is now open. Apply now!
The scheme offers local communities the opportunity to apply for the labour, materials and expertise to help transform buildings and communities in the borough which are in need of improvement. This could include painting and decorating jobs, roof repairs, refurbished bathrooms or kitchens – and much more.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to any voluntary, community or not for profit organisations – including schools, charities and faith organisations.
Who cannot apply?
• Services directly delivered by the council
• Business and profit making organisations
What am I applying for?
Applications are invited for those who are looking to benefit from the labour and materials that can be used to deliver a range of improvements to community buildings in Telford. This is not a monetary grant. Lovell and their partners will deliver the projects by providing a wide range of skilled professionals to carry out the projects - at no expense to the applicant.
Examples of projects could be:
• Painting and decorating works
• Roofing and repair works
• Carpentry and plumbing works
• Refitting or repairing bathrooms and kitchens
• Environmental and external works
What is the value of the work which can be undertaken?
A total figure of up to £5,000 is available. However, the level of grant that would be awarded varies widely from project to project and in some instances multiple projects can be funded.
Applying for the scheme?
If you feel this scheme could benefit your community group, please apply by completing an application form.
By phone 01952 382374
Please return your application to email@example.com or via post to Nuplace Ltd, Wellington Civic Offices, Wellington, Telford, TF2 2FH
All applications will be considered by a partnership panel made up of Nuplace and Lovell representatives. The panel will select one or more successful projects depending on the scale of the works to be carried out.
What the panel look for when choosing successful applicants?
• A clear description of the work you are requesting
• How would your community group benefit from the work you are requesting
• Projects that bring the community together, and/or promote health and well-being
• Geographical location of project and proximity to areas where are contractors are working
• That the work completed will benefit the location community
The outcome of all applications will be made via email. Any application which is provisionally successful will require a site visit before a final visit is made.